Beach boardwalk picture I found on the internet. No, I don't know who the man walking and playing the violin is.
We made our way to Bradley Beach, which is past Ocean Grove and near Belmar. It's a nice quiet stretch, with a big spacious boardwalk. No rides, games, and sadly no funnelcake. It was a beautiful day, clear blue skies, warm hazy sun. The only thing was the wind. I got whoop-lashed, as Andrea used to say, by the sand. Everything was getting blown away, and I got grumpy. I like sitting back and enjoying the sound of the ocean. I don't like the feeling of sand in my tankini. You know what I mean. Needless to say, my grumpiness was kind of a downer. Alex accused me of ruining the outing for him and Gideon. I looked down at my son. Does he look annoyed?
Mommy, you are like, sooo bringing me down.
Ok, so we moved our blanket to an area where the tornado-like winds were not affecting us, and I apologized for my grumpiness, and we were all happy again.
Gideon played on the sand for a while, succeeding in getting some in his mouth. He very much enjoyed digging his toes into the cool sand. I buried his legs and feet, and he just sat there staring at me until I un-buried him. He has a very powerful stare.






2 comments:
That picture of him where you are "bringin' him down" is SO adorable!!!! Little smirk... love it!
Thanks for finally mentioning me in one of your blogs!!! I think people might forget you have a sister :.( But doesn't that picture of that guy playing the violin look like Pastor Rich? I think so...
Post a Comment