Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chubby inquiries and more

A little late for this post, but better late than never. Here it goes.

Week #2 (January 8 - 14, 2013)
  • Brotherly love. He may not remember our days much growing up in Jersey City. But I can recall all the times he's either backed me up or defended me from street thugs or bullies when I was a skinny, little, snot-nosed kid. My big brother and I have been through a lot. I'm thankful God has given him another year of life. And to many more!
  • Nice day for a walk. Because of the mild weather, I was able to walk a little more. Admittedly, one of the reasons I chose to walk was because I couldn't drive the car. Late last year, I noticed one of the new tires had a nail in it. The tire was flat for several weeks because I wasn't able to fix it myself. But, this gave me an opportunity to bond with my son as we walked from school to home. We talked about a lot, from topics related to his school performance to the subject of why I was so chubby. Since then, I was able to take the car to the shop to get the tire repaired. But Gideon's "chubby inquiries" kept the car in the driveway during nice weather.
  • Thanks for taxes. No, I'm not thankful for taxes and smaller pay checks. Who is, right? But, while the expiration of the payroll tax holiday is cutting into my take income, I still have a job (or two). And, my wife is working too. So, why complain?

No comments: