Saturday, October 02, 2010

The Best Day (Part One)
It has been awhile since we posted, and alot of that has to do with the moving in to the house, and getting settled part. Also, we "lost" our camera for a few weeks, and "found" it under one of the seats of the van.

So, today was Saturday. Yesterday, I went to the dentist and did not die. Hooray. But, then I came home and my Gideon was sick. AGAIN. He had a fever, and cold symptoms. And he was clingy and sad. So, I didn't go back to work, and I thought, "Well, there goes the weekend." But today, he woke up feeling better. And ready to go to a birthday party. A birthday party with a bouncy house.

He had a ridiculous amount of fun.It was an outdoor family/friends party. The backyard was decked out with kid's stuff.

One thing I noticed about my son. He likes the ladies. I told him to play it cool. So, there he is, pretending that he is not having the time of his life on that tire swing.

We cut the birthday party short, much to Gideon's disappointment. But for a very fun reason. Sesame Street Live! We won free tickets, thanks to NJ Library Champions http://njlibrarychampions.org/. We entered a contest and actually won! It was very exciting.

The seats were pretty far away, but they were free after all.
But we still could see the characters.
Lucia was kind of amazed. She sat enthralled for at least an hour of it.
Gideon was amazed at how much popcorn he was able to shove in his mouth at the same time.
We tried to take some pictures of us with the kids. Here is Gideon and Daddy, happily posing for the camera.
Here is Mommy and the kids. Notice Lucia's extremely forced smile. It actually was just supposed to be a Lucia and Mommy picture. Gideon snuck in at the last moment.

Here is a silly Gideon moment.

Back to the popcorn. For those of you that are judging me for letting my child eat a choking hazard, let me tell you that you are right! Because I was allowing Lucia, when suddenly she started making a sound in her throat. She gagged and spit out pieces of a kernel. Lordy. Elmo probably heard her. And is judging me too. No more popcorn for Lucia! Daddy went and got her a soft pretzel.

Here she is. No worse for the experience. Doesn't she look older already?

Later that night, the most exciting thing happened. But I am very tired right now, so I will post about it tomorrow. Just know that it was life-changing for Alex and myself. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm guessing it's the babysitter! Beautiful pictures of you, Alexa. Glad you guys had a good time. I'll let you slide on the popcorn. Haha!