Monday, August 17, 2009


Crayon Rocks!

Alex and I went on a weekend getaway to celebrate 6 years of being married. I will write a post soon about our trip, and the lovely inn where we stayed. This post is about the souvenir we brought back for Gideon. It would be the first time we brought him anything, since it's the first time we have been away from him for any length of time, and it's the first time he may have noticed.

Gideon loves crayons. He loves to play with them, and have conversations with them. He's all like, "Hi Blue, what are you doing?" and apparently they answer back and tell him about the wonderful day they are having. Gideon also loves rocks. He usually picks up whatever rock he finds outside and also talks to it. I know, he's a little weird. But, he's my weirdo, and I love him.
So, when Alex and I saw this, we knew it would be the perfect gift.Right? Of course right.

He LOVES them.
They are pretty much what you think they are. Rock-shaped crayons. They are all natural, made of soy wax. (I don't know what that is), and are "Designed to strengthen the tripod grip muscles, preparing fingers and hands for handwriting." The woman at the store was very excited about them.
He likes to put them all on the mini canvas bag they came in.

And of course, he has meaningful conversations with them. Probably about why he can't watch They Might Be Giants whenever he wants to.

3 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

What fun crayons!?!?!?! You guys really ARE the queens & kings of coloring! My gang is LOVING the coloring/creating stuff. They have coloring time everyday!

Anonymous said...

I think I need to get those crayons for my classroom especially if it helps with pencil grip. From one crayon lover to another - go Gideon!
Christine

SHOPGIRL said...

Cool gift. But I would not say he is weird. I would say he is creative in his means of expression. :o)