Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wacky Wednesdays at the Library



Most of you know that I work at the Paramus Public Library. With the economy being what it is, the library has decided to amp up the summer programs, so that our patrons can enjoy free summertime fun. One of our more popular programs is Wacky Wednesdays. The library has hired family friendly entertainers to come and perform every Wednesday night, outside in the band shell. Families come and bring their chairs and blankets. The kids get to run around and dance. A delicious ice cream truck comes, which sells soft serve.



Since I no longer work Wednesday nights, I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to hang out with my kids after work. Alex came with me to the first concert, and my mom came with me to the second. Last week, no one could come, so I wussed out and left Lucia with my mom, and came out with the Gidster.



The performers were a tiny bit lame-o. However, I think just the parents thought so. The kids seemed to have a great time.

Gideon does not sit with me. I bring his little camper chair, and he likes to set it up, but then he goes running to the stage, and stays there the whole time. Here he is jumping with kids.




He kind of ignores me when I am standing there with my camera.



Some more jumping and dancing.



I could have taken more pictures of him dancing and singing, and playing with rocks, and laying down on the grass, and begging for ice cream. However, I decided it was more amusing to watch him try to open up a bottle of water. Let's watch:



Hmmm...it does not seem to be open.

Nope, no water is coming out.



Maybe a pep talk will help. And some glaring.



O-P-E-N!!

Oh well, I wasn't thirsty anyway.

1 comment:

Bryna said...

What time are the "Wacky Wednesdays"? Perhaps we can stop by with Nola. :) Granted, I don't get home until around 6:30pm... but maybe we can make it.