Monday, July 06, 2009

Lucia Does Not Like Fireworks...

is the understatement of the year. We had thought about not going to see fireworks this year. Our reasons were: 1. It was too late, 2. They were too loud, 3. There was too much traffic and bother. However, Gideon really loved them last year, and I hate depriving him of fun experiences. It didn't even occur to me that Lucia would not be thrilled to in the presence of booming noises and bright flashing lights.

My sister and I loaded up the van with chairs, blankets, and lots of diaper bag necessities. We drove into Garden State Plaza, and found a parking spot among the sea of cars. We meant to go to the block party, but with a baby in tow, I thought it was better for us to just go straight to the grass.

At first, all is well. She always needs to put something in her mouth.


Lucia in the Sky.


A sweet Mommy and Me moment. Alex stayed home to work:(

And THEN...

Get me away!

Gideon did love it, despite this picture. They were just a little too loud. Next year, we won't sit so close.

Well, actually next year we may not go at all. Not if Lucia has anything to do with it.

No comments: