Saturday, December 13, 2008

You Don't Get Out Much

So, yesterday was my work holiday party. I straightened my hair, and put on makeup. I got picked up by a friend, and got to sit on heated seats. And then I sat at a table with other grown ups. At a RESTAURANT. I had a glass of WINE. I ate salmon. I had a cappuccino and a slice of cake that I did not have share with ANYONE. I received a gift of chocolates.

I sat at that table and was so clearly delighted with everything, that someone laughingly said to me, "You don't get out much, do you?" To which I earnestly replied, "No, no I don't!".

I got home to find my babies asleep. I sat on the couch, and shared my chocolates with Alex.

It was a good night.

1 comment:

Momma-of-5 said...

YOU'RE HYSTERICAL! I completely know how you feel, Alexa! =) Glad you had a blast on your night out.