Sunday, November 02, 2008

Along Came a Spider...

and it was Gideon! As some of you know, Halloween creates a bit of a controversy in our home. Alex would prefer if we ignored it completely, and I can't resist dressing up our son in fun costumes. As the kids get older, we may faze it out, but as of right now, Alex indulges me.

My friend and co-worker Tracey lent me this super cute costume. It is a spider costume, and it wasn't a bit scary. We didn't plan on going trick or treating. We were just going outside to watch the kids and give out candy. However, Gideon wanted to go out for a walk, and I figured, why not score some free candy? Right? Of course, right.
Gideon in full gear.

The Sotos out and about in the neighborhood.

He was a bit hesitant about it at first.

But he got over it.

No costume for Lucia. Just her "My Little Pumpkin" onesie.

3 comments:

Bryna said...

You seriously think that Gideon is going to let the whole free candy thing fall by the wayside when he gets older? What are you smoking, and can I have some! C'mon now... what kid doesn't like to dress up for free candy. Although, I'm a huge advocate for Halloween, as I did go out until I was way, WAY too old to!

choosydad said...

Yeah, you can't give up a chance for free candy, particularly when the global economy is in the toilet! ;)

Cute costume.

Jane said...

I hope you don't give up on Halloween for a long time! I too love it. I am trying to get a new tradition of "Trunk or Treat" started at my church.