Thursday, October 30, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

It is said that the tight bond between father and daughter is unlike any other in life - a relationship that is inseparable. Over the past 6 weeks as I've gotten to know Lucia, I've discovered that she 'd much rather be with Mommy than with Daddy. How do I know you may ask? Thanks for asking. Simply put, from the moment Alexa places her in my arms to the moment I place her back into Alexa's arms (about 1 minute), there is an evident transition from Lucia being ok enjoying herself observing her surroundings to outlandish fits of crying.
Look, here's the proof:
Yawn! La la la. Life is good and what a great nap!

Wait a minute! Am I ... ?

Am I in Daddy's arms? Is he holding me?

Why yes, yes he is (stares at Daddy and then, pause ... silence)


Waaaa! Waaaa! I want my Mommy! Mommy! Waaaa!
So we're not off to such a great start in our father/daugher bonding. I'm sure things will change in due time, I just hope it's sooner rather that later. Isn't she the cutest though?

1 comment:

Momma-of-5 said...

Don't worry...before you know it, she'll be climbing up into your lap and asking for a special treat!