Monday, September 01, 2008

The Word of the Day: Roseola

Gideon was feeling pretty sick all last week. Really high fever, a sore throat, a traumatic visit to the pediatrician's office, and then to top it all off on Friday, a rash all over his body. Woo-hoo! Umm...not.

I had never heard of roseola, nor had I anticipated it. It is apparently, really common, and the worst part of it was the super high fever that just wouldn't go away.

Hey! Want to see a picture of the rash? You do? What a coincidence that I took one:
The rash!
This is Gideon scratching said rash.
You can't really see the rash on his face that well, plus he looks really happy in this picture. He should look miserable. I know I would, with a rash all over my body.


In other news, Gideon has officially entered the "terrible twos". I had a Cracker Barrel craving today (yes, I don't have food cravings, but entire restaurant cravings), so we drove down to Clinton, NJ to our "local" Cracker Barrel. Can you say full out temper tantrum at the table? We were absolutely floored. He has never acted that way in public, and we honestly did not know what to do. He kept saying "No, no, no, no!" and threw things on the floor. People were LOOKING at us. Finally, Alex just took him out to the store area, and then I took a turn with him. He ran around, played with some toys, and came back and acted completely normal again. But really, I almost didn't know what to do. Here is a picture of him when he doesn't get his way:
Lovely, right?

1 comment:

Momma-of-5 said...

Seriously.......Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawww...Poor Gideon! Hope he feels better soon.