Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Love Lucia

It has been almost 2 weeks since my mad dash to the hospital, and the quickest delivery known to man. Two weeks since my life changed dramatically (again). Two weeks of getting to know a new addition to our family. Two weeks of staring at the face of a baby girl that is amazingly, my daughter.

I do have to admit that it has been easier this time around. For those of you out there with one child, contemplating a second, it is just like riding a bicycle. Except for the fact that I haven't ridden a bike in like 15 years, and the last time I rode one, I fell into a ravine. But, I digress.

Taking care of a newborn just comes naturally. I am not scared this time around that she may break. Diaper changing is a breeze. I can handle the not sleeping. Her crying doesn't make me cry. Last time, it was very difficult for me to accept help. My mom was over all the time, and we would get into arguments, because I felt like I could do the housework, and take care of the baby, and I didn't need any help! I didn't want to eat the endless amount of soup and smoothies and teas she would make me eat.

With Lucia, I am completely taking advantage of my mom. She has come over everyday since I have been home. She makes me soup that I happily eat. I have been drinking star anise tea that she makes me because it is supposed to be good for the baby. When she tells me to take a nap, so that she can do all my laundry, I say ok, and go to my room to nap with Lucia. When she gives me advice, I don't roll my eyes behind her back, but I listen and nod appreciatively. I must have matured or something. Or Lucia has mellowed me even more.

Today, while Alex and Gideon were at church, I spent the morning ignoring dirty dishes in the sink, and instead spent time taking pictures and a video of the baby girl Soto.


Here is her signature glare. She looks just like my dad does when he is furrowing his brow. She gives us this look alot.

More glaring.


Here is she is sleeping in her bassinet. Don't let her chubby cheeks fool you. She is really tiny and skinny.

She is showing you her foot. In case you want to eat it. Because it is so cute.



She is obviously vogueing.

And the video. Ignore the dirty laundry in the background. You know I can't be bothered with laundry with Miss Cuteness taking up all my time.


video

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love lucia, too! more pictures please!
annie

Bryna said...

Catching up on reading... LOVE your little Lucia! She looks like a mini-female-version of Gideon!!!! What a cutie! :)