Wednesday, August 20, 2008



A Day at the Ballpark
I was reading my friend Amy's blog, and she mentioned a recent trip to a Yankee game, and it reminded me that we had taken the G-dog to his first baseball game, and had never blogged about it. Bad, bad bloggers! Anyway, it wasn't a major league game, since I haven't been brave enough for that. It was a Newark Bears game, and it was the perfect trial run.
We met up with Alex's brother, Israel, and his two boys. Gideon loves, loves, loves being with his cousins. They are both older than he is; the oldest is 7 (or 8?) and the younger one is 5, but they are great with him, and entertain him constantly. We could have been sitting on a pile of dirt, and he would have had a great time. Actually, he would probably LOVE a pile of dirt. Never mind. One of the nicest things about the game, is that Gideon actually spent real quality time with his uncle. He sat on his lap, and had quite a conversation with him about the game.
Here he is pointing. He loves pointing.
Some cheering.
Ummm... more pointing. And that hair.

Hanging out with the cousin.

And what I can guess is some stretching? Look at that hair. I mean really.

Ok, so the reason I posted this picture is because of the little girl in green. See her standing in front of Gideon? He accidentally flicked juice at her with his straw, and she was super upset about it, and was mad at him. You can tell that she is really prissy. I mean, she is wearing a pearl necklace, of all things, to a ballgame. The juice hit her shoulder, so it didn't even touch her clothes. But she kept turning around and glaring at him. Glaring at a not-even-two year old! I foresee therapy in her future. More pointing! It must be contagious.
Solo cheering.
I don't remember who actually won. We left at about the 6th inning. But, I feel a little more confident about a possible outing to Shea. Hey, have any of you taken an almost two year old to a major league game? Let me know!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Was Gideon upset by the mean girl? Sometimes the nice guys fall for the B**** girls. If he brings home prissy mean girls in HS, you will know where it started. LOL!

Momma-of-5 said...

looks like a good time was had by all (aside from prissy girl!). I always forget about the Newark Bears. I'll have to remind Shane of them...

Love that I got a shout out!!! =)

Alex Soto said...

I think he paid no mind to the prissy girl and wasn't upset at all. A good sign. =)

Bryna said...

No really, what's up with the hair?

Also, Nola is going to a Mets game on the 10th. Dave is a little upset that she is going to see the Mets before seeing the Yankees... but that's 100% okay with me.

Bryna said...

No really, what is up with his hair? Just kidding... he's adorable!