Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Culmination of 6 Weeks of Full-Time SAHD-ness (Stay-at-home-Daddy-ness) Ends on Father's Day ... How Fitting!

It was one of the most emotionally, physically and mentally challenging periods of my life. There have been moments that have been much more emotional ... from tearing up when Alexa walked down the church aisle when we got married to feeling sharp pains in my heart when Gideon was taken away from my arms into the surgery room.

Other times in my life have been more physically challenging ... from football practice in freshman year of high school, to taking a direct hit to the face with a baseball while at bat during a high school game, to repetitively walking up and down 15 flights of stairs with a much younger Gideon in his heavy car seat because I forgot my car keys, then his coat. Long story, told it in the past... check out "Going to Grandma's". But be sure to click on the back arrow "<--" on your browser to continue reading this post. Then, there were those times that were tougher on me mentally, like working on my graduate thesis, taking my SATs in high school (twice), and trying figure out how women work when I was young and single. But, I'm not sure if there has ever been a time when all three (emotional, physical and mental) have been as challenging at the same exact time for me, than the six weeks that ended this Father's Day. How fitting that after six weeks of managing work and being a stay-at-home dad for my son on a full-time basis, that I get the best Father's Day ever. And, I have the pictures to prove it.
The day started with getting Gideon ready for church. Alexa told me that she got married to me and gave birth to a son just for this day ... a day where her husband and son could wear matching outfits ... at her request (cough, cough, forced, cough, cough).




We then went to church. During the service they played a video where the children of church members imitated their daddies dancing. Gideon did his infamous up and down arm dance ... like in the Memorial Day video a few posts below.




After church ... relaxing on the grass on the front lawn of our house/apartment. Here you have a full view of the matching outfits, but I don't have a logo like Gideon. =(




The family shot. Gideon pauses from the act of tackling me to pose for this picture. His hand on my chest ... a signature martial arts move developed by Gideon. After the shot, he commences to wrestle with me again.




The race. Actually, it's more of "try to catch me daddy." I always do ... for now.

I didn't take pictures of the medium-well 20 oz. Porterhouse that I ate at Longhorn's Steakhouse, but it was very tasty and juicy. Thanks hunnie!

3 comments:

Bryna said...

Happy Father's Day (a little late). :)

You both look adorable. (good job Alexa!)

Bryna said...

Happy Father's Day (a little late). :)

You both look adorable. (good job Alexa!)

Jane said...

Happy Belated Father's Day! Looks like it was good fun!