Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Wonderfulness of Alexa

I'm taking a quick break from what is going to be another late night of work to talk about Alexa, my wife. No, it's not her birthday, nor is it our anniversary ... although our "becoming an official couple" anniversary recently passed (March 31). We really don't celebrate it anymore. Perhaps with the addition of Gideon's birthday our brains just cannot retain another date to remember. Something had to fall off. Ok, I'm going off track.

Back again, about Alexa. I had a late night yesterday (or this morning), not quite as late as the night I wrote the Sasquatch post (I wonder what kind of ads the Google ad box to the right will display as a result of 2 posts in a row with the word - Sasquatch).

ALL RIGHT! Alexa. My wife. Back to the topic.

So I woke up this morning and there was no coffee in the container. What was I to do? I had to deliver a report by 8am or people wouldn't get paid in time. So, I was forced to envision a day where "just lumbering through" was only a concept, and not the reality. I went to shower and focused most of my cleansing efforts on splashing my face with frigidly cold water. Once out of the shower, I was energized, just like Gideon, who still likes to jump on our bed in the morning...though he's been doing it much more on Alexa than me.

Speaking of Alexa, what does this whole story have to do with my lovely, pregnant wife? Well, you see, after dropping Gideon off at grandma's, she stopped by Dunkin Donuts (maybe the Google ad box will show Dunkin Donuts ads instead) to buy me a large black coffee with 4 sugars and a bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwich... "breakfast of champions." Then she brought it to me. I guess I could have gone and done this myself, but the thought of me being behind the wheel on a 7am, midweek morning day without coffee ingested or in hand could result in front page news of the New York Post... or at least the local community newspaper.

So I sing about the wonderfulness of Alexa, my wife ... for bringing me coffee.

BTW. Gideon is doing just fine and went to sleep early today, so I didn't get to say hi or even pray for him while he's awake like I usually do every night. Oh well, there's always tomorrow morning... that is of course... if there's coffee! Good night.

3 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

What a wonderful wife! We should start awards to give people. I wonder how hard it'd be to start a website to do that...

Hmmmmmm...

Wait. I have 5 kids. I don't have time for that.

Just tell Alexa she rocks!

Alexa said...

I kind of feel a little ashamed to have the world know that I bought Alex such an unhealthy breakfast. But he was feeling so stressed, and giant coffees always make him feel better.

Momma-of-5 said...

Alexa, never feel ashamed. Focus on the positive...YOU FED HIM! In my book, there are even bonus points that it was a "warm meal". Shane gets cereal!