Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Re-Cap
I am heartily ashamed. I have no excuse. The Soto Update has been update-less now for many weeks. I blame it mainly on my exhaustion, and Alex's crazy work schedule. At the end of the day, no matter how many cute things Gideon has done, we are too tired to blog about them. Like today, Gideon pooped in the tub. Did I run and take pictures, so we could post them and write a humourous tale? Nope. I just shrieked in horror and let my mom handle the clean up.
Ok, so Easter. Easter was fun. I got to dress Gideon up like a little man, with little protest. Alex, on seeing how cute Gideon looked, ended up dressing just like him.

My two guys at church. Warning: Gideon looks less than thrilled in the majority of these photos.

Gideon roaming the halls at church. Doesn't he look like a troublemaker at an all-boys school?

After church, we ended up at our favorite breakfast place, the very low-key, down to earth Hogan's Restaurant Diner in Midland Park. We were met with lots of "oooohhh and aaaahhhs", since most of the waitstaff have known Gideon since he was 2 months old, and thought he was Mr. Adorable in his outfit.

Here is Mommy, with her super scary smile, and Gideon with his cookie and crayons.

Gideon, obviously tired of smiling.

Afterwards, we dropped off Alex at home (he still had to work) and drove to my mom's for the Big Easter Egg Hunt! We thought it might be slightly lame if it was only Gideon, so we invited two other kids that Gideon LOVES playing with.

This is the Before Picture. Before there are any eggs in the baskets. I told them to hold his hands so he wouldn't run off, but he obviously didn't enjoy being shackled.

Gideon didn't quite get the concept of finding eggs. I had to sing "clean up, clean up" to him, so he would know to pick them up and put them in his basket. He mostly preferred running around like a screaming banshee, or just sitting on the grass looking at dirt.

Inspecting dirt


Looking at fleck of dirt that got on his finger.

This is the AFTER picture, with the baskets full of eggs. As you can tell by Gideon's expression, he still doesn't know what is going on, and would like to continue looking at dirt.

Afterwards, Gideon went down for a nap, and Alex and I got busy cleaning the house. You have never seen such frenzied cleaning. The end result was an almost sparkling apartment, just in time to host our first ever Easter dinner. With both sets of parents present, and Gideon tearing into his first biscuit, we had a great time eating and telling jokes.

2 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Poop in the tub must have been in the air this week! =)

I love your stories...I don't care how long I have to wait inbetween each one!

salli said...

Awwww! Gideon looks so adorable in his tie. Thanks for all the pictures!