Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Different Kind of Pregnancy

I thought I was pretty prepared for this pregnancy, despite it being a surprise. I mean, I was already pregnant once right? Things don't change that much. Except of course, that being pregnant with Gideon was cake. No morning sickness at all. I remember being disappointed, actually, that I didn't have morning sickness. I thought having it would make me FEEL more pregnant.

Well, guess what? I FEEL pregnant now. I have been sick for about 3 weeks with a cold/sinus infection. It has been miserable, especially since I couldn't really take any cold tablets. I ended up having to take antibiotics. Plus, on top of that, I have been nauseous and throwing up. Pretty picture, huh? As I type this, I am feeling sick. I can't really eat anything without having acid indigestion. Tums is my new best friend. I am at work, and the staff bathroom is out of order(AGAIN). If I have to throw up, I have to take the children's bathroom key, and run in there. And let me tell you, the smell of that bathroom is enough to make anyone hurl.

Did I mention that I get whiney when I am pregnant? Someone make it s-t-o-p.

3 comments:

salli said...

Ohhhhh, I'm sorry that you're sick! If it's different than Gideon's pregnancy, maybe it's a girl??? Are you planning to find our the gender or do we have to wait alllll the way to to end?

Alexa said...

We thought we wanted to wait to find out the gender, but it's so hard to do! Plus, if it's a boy, I am all set clothes-wise. However, if it's a girl...think of the pink! So, yes, we are finding out.

Momma-of-5 said...

You do not have to stop whining...EVER! You're pregnant, woman! You get to do whatever you want for the next some-odd weeks! I love you and will listen to your whines as much as you need.