Saturday, January 05, 2008

Lose Weight in 2008!
(and Recap of 2007)

In case you haven't noticed, Alexa and I love eating ... from loud adventures at a Mexican Restaurant in Union City to the best burgers in Northern NJ (in our humble opinion of course), where we celebrated 4 years of marriage. So after going through some possible themes for the year (such as Why You Hate in 2008?, which is grammatically incorrect, and "Look What I Ate in 2008") we decided on Lose Weight in 2008! This was probably the more sensible choice of the three.

Now to the 2007 recap. What a year it was for the Soto Family ... one that we will never forget! Gideon spoke his first words (dada), learned how to walk and became a 1 year old toddler. It was a 365-day-long period of many triumphs, but also a time of intense emotion. After reading through some of the old posts, I decided to list some of the ones that give a wide-ranging perspective of our life in 2007.

So if this is your first time visiting our blog, welcome. To get to know us, all you need to do is to click on the links below. If you are already an avid reader of The Soto Update, won't you join us in this trip down memory lane? Enjoy.

"Heart Wrenching Transitions"
When Alexa and I first discovered that Gideon had craniosynostosis, we knew we were in on a journey. While we are not adventurers in the tradition of Lewis and Clark, Alexa and I have driven to places we've never been before. So we have experience.

"Oh...He Lives In a Pineapple Under the Sea"
So, yesterday I get home from work to find Alex sitting on the couch, freshly showered, and watching his new favorite show, Spongebob Squarepants. Notice I said Alex, and not Gideon. Gideon was at my mother-in-law's, and his cartoon of late is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

"Going to Grandma's"
Everything was prepared. As Gideon took his afternoon nap, I gathered his coat and set the car seat on the dining room table with the security belts stretched outward. Then I dressed up.

"Thanksgiving Day Recap"
Ok, so you can guess from the title of this post that the preparations for Thanksgiving did not turn out exactly as expected. Before I begin this tale of woe, let me reassure you by letting you know that the actual dinner was a success, with everyone having a very nice Thanksgiving, and the food was very yummy.

"Dear Gideon"
Today is a pretty big deal. One year old. We have been practicing with you for weeks, trying to get you to stick up your pointer finger when we ask, “Gideon, how old are you?” And when we demonstrate, by sticking up our own finger, you clap for us.

"Reporting From Costa Rica"
I have been in Costa Rica for over a week now, after not visiting in over 5 years. The last time I was here, I was unmarried, and obviously I didn't have an 11 month old baby with me.

"Being Daddy"
Waking up at 5:30 am yesterday morning wasn’t so bad, even though my intention was to start my day at 7:30 am. Consider the source of the abrupt change of plans … a notoriously happy baby boy who is a true morning person in every sense.

"Random Happening"
Ok, so picture this if you must. I am happily taking a shower at my aunt's house. I reach over to get my shampoo, and peacefully sitting behind it is a lizard. A small lizard, like 3-4 inches long.

"Dat a boy!"
As we approached the Atlantic Ocean, the more excited Gideon became. He stared out into the horizon and on occasion would turn to me to smile, only to look back in amazement at the crashing waves.

1 comment:

Montyfood said...

Hey! Look what I ate in 2008. Hope it doesn't put you off your weight loss program.

Have a great year!