Thursday, December 27, 2007


Merry Christmas Mayhem

Hey, did you know that a 14 month old can stay up until 1:30 am? Well, believe it, mister, because it can happen and it did. My in-laws celebrate Christmas the old-fashioned way, by opening gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve. I, frankly, was very worried about this. I was very sure Gideon would either be: a.very sleepy and grumpy and crying or b. fast asleep the whole time and miss out on the gift opening. Boy, was I wrong. Not only did he outlast his cousins, but he was running all over the place and entertaining the whole family. He was making funny faces, and telling his 14 year old cousin Joel what to do (and Joel would do it).

Gideon LOVED opening presents. Once he realized that it was perfectly ok to tear paper and make a big mess, he was all over it.


And the cutest part was, that since we have trained him to hand us any garbage he ever finds on the floor, he just kept handing me all the torn paper.
Like so:

Needless to say, this year it was all about watching Gideon. Everyone just sat there and waited to see what he would do. He was slightly manic; suddenly bursting into tears because he was so tired. But God forbid I would pick him up and try to soothe him to sleep. He would give me this very suspicious look, as if to say "I know what you are doing, and it's not going to work."

No comments: