Saturday, September 29, 2007

Home Again, Home Again

On Tuesday afternoon, Gideon and I (along with my parents) arrived at Newark Airport. Alex and I had been a bit nervous at Gideon's reaction when he first saw Alex again. Gideon had burst into heart-wrenching tears when he first saw my dad in Costa Rica. Not scared tears, but almost tears of "Why haven't you been around for 2 months?". So, we wondered at his reaction when he first saw Da-Da again. Gideon was a bit shy to see Alex at first. He smiled at him, but then buried his face into my shoulder. Of course, Alex had gotten a haircut for the occasion, which made him even more different looking. It took a few minutes, but then the Gidster leaped into his daddy's arms. All was right with his world again.

Many people have asked how Gideon did on the plane. Well, on the way to Costa Rica, he pretty much slept the entire way. However, on the way home, he slept for 3 hours, and then was awake for 2 and 1/2 hours. Two and a half hours of trying to entertain him. Of making sure he didn't go crawling down the aisle. Thank the Lord for my parents. I honestly don't know how moms do it alone. Here are some pictures of my angel on the plane:










We are very happy to be home. Right now, I am in the middle of deciding what to do for Gideon's first birthday. It's a major milestone, but should it be a small at-home milestone, or a big blowout? I want to have it at the park, but will it be too cold? October is an iffy month. Any advice out there? We are definitely going with a Mickey Mouse theme. Mickey is his favorite. No Dora or Elmo for my boy. He is old-school that way.

1 comment:

salli said...

Welcome home!!!! Glad you're all back safe and sound. :-)