Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Busy Month
August has been crazy. We have already attended one wedding, semi-celebrated our 4Th wedding anniversary, dealt with Gideon being sick for the first time, and found out that I have to go to Costa Rica next month. Also, I apologize ahead of time. There are no pictures of Gideon in this post. GASP! I know. Sorry.



We will start with the wedding. It was truly one of the most beautiful and luxurious weddings that Alex and I have ever attended. Our friends from church got married, and it was just so touching and sweet. It was black tie optional, and Alex and I got to get dressed up. Of course, our only picture with the bride and groom came out blurry. Interestingly enough the person who took it (you know who you are) fled the scene right after handing us the camera.

Don't we look fancy?

August 16 was our 4 year wedding anniversary. We had some fun-filled family beach plans. We were going to drive down the shore on Friday and relax and soak up some sun. However, on Thursday, my mom calls me a bit frantic. She was watching Gideon and he had a 103.8 fever. He was burning up, and she couldn't get the fever to go down. She had tried infant Tylenol to no avail, and he had been consistently lethargic and whimpering for hours. So, I call the pediatrician, but in the meantime, my mom and Alex get frantic and rush him to the ER. It turns out he had a virus, and we were to give him baby Motrin at regular intervals. So, instead of fun beach time, I stayed home with a feverish and fretful baby. And our fancy anniversary dinner? Well, my husband took me to a place I have been craving for weeks:

That's right, White Manna in Hackensack. What? You haven't been? Ok, so they make delicious small cheeseburgers. I mean delicious. And the minute you leave, you are craving them again. I would write more about it, but there is actually an old post on one of my favorite food blogs, Off the Broiler: http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2006/07/25/nj-dining-white-manna/ Read it and crave!

And now, the sad news. My grandmother in Costa Rica is very, very ill. I won't go into the details here, but suffice it to say, I have booked a flight out to Costa Rica on the 5Th of September. I would actually go sooner, if not for the fact that I had to renew my passport and get a new one for Gideon. Alex cannot go, since he has to work. I spent all day in Philadelphia yesterday, working on getting my "emergency" passport. It was an excruciatingly long day, and I didn't even get to eat a cheesesteak. Also, I missed my friend Shinae's goodbye dinner. Insert sad face here. However, my passports are all done and I am so relieved. Now comes all the stress and worry about traveling with a baby. I have literally stopped all women with children at the library and asked them if they have gone on a plane with their kids, and for any advice. How about you all out there? Any advice for traveling with a 10 month old?

I hope everyone is having a good summer. All you pregnant moms out there, take care of yourself. Don't have your babies while I am gone!

2 comments:

Amy (Mom of 5) said...

First...I'm still in shock about missing "The Wedding" of all weddings.

Second...4 years? Y'all have been married 4 years already? Where DOES the time go?

Third...White Manna is THE BOMB! We used to drive from Parsippany to get lunch...and we'd end up with a GINORMOUS order for the whole office.

Forth (wow...this has become quite a comment)...you'll do great on the plane with G-dog. He's great kid and you're a great mom. Bring lots of toys and snacks. If he takes a passy or bottle...bring one for lift off and landing. The sucking will help the clogged ears pop.

And lastly...I'm sorry to hear about Gramma. We're praying for you guys. At least there is one positive...you get to see Andrea...

Love you,
Aim

aura said...

hey alexa,


i love the blog. i never knew so many people i know have one!!! ive got a couple of them i check everyday.its so much fun when you know the people. cant wait to stop by another time.
have a blessed day!!!

aura