Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse.
It's become a morning routine on the weekends. Gideon wakes up around 6am or 7am fully energized and ready to play. Unlike his parents, Gideon can be quite the morning person and he displays his enthusiasm by way of forceful tapping on my body (kind of like he is playing the bongos on me) anywhere his hand can reach ..... leg, belly, neck, eyeball....literally anywhere.
He also makes spur of the moment type noises (without any warning at all) intermixed with ada, dada, ita, and bobby (Who's bobby? Don't know. Alexa and I think he's trying to say mommy when he says Bobby). Despite my most valiant efforts in trying to get a few more minutes of sleep, he causes all this commotion within 10 inches from my ear causing me to jump, twitch and nearly fall off the bed. Perhaps he enjoys to startle daddy or maybe it is his way of reminding me that it's almost time for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

The timeless mouse appears on the TV screen and says "Hello everybody" with his infamous high pitch voice. Then the catchy tune begins to play..... "It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.... Come inside, it's fun inside." Gideon yelps and claps at the television, scaring away Miggy in the process. Alexa and I get into it and join in on the singing, bringing even more joy to the occasion.
Gideon usually loses focus about 5 minutes later when there is more dialogue and less music. Then, he attempts to eat the remote control. Miggy comes back. Upon catching view of Miggy's golden, yellowish fur, Gideon once again commences to smile. But Miggy is never amused and glares at Gideon suspiciously.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

This one is not so recent, but I thought it was a cute picture of Alexa (the main tool) and Gideon (the add-on solution). No, I am not calling Alexa a tool in the negative sense, it is just my quirky way of describing their close relationship using technology terminology....I won't bore you with the details.

Here, Gideon has his first encounter in a pool. He just loved the water.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hi guys!

It looks like you all are having so much fun! BTW, how did you get the new banner? I have been trying with no luck to figure that one out!

Bryna said...

Love the new layout! Cool digs!

salli said...

Gideon is so handsome! Can't wait to hear his adorable giggle again. :-)