Friday, March 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! And Me! (see the resemblance?)

It's funny how a baby changes everything. Usually I revel in my birthday, loving the extra attention. The entire week before is all about what restaurant am I going to have dinner at, what gifts am I getting. This year, a night with no dinner out, with no extravagant gestures, a night I spent at home with my baby, was the best birthday ever.

Every year, we have a Dr. Seuss Party at the library. Mr. Geisel and I have the same birthday. The Cat in the Hat usually steals my glory. This year, Alex brought Gideon to celebrate. Here are some of the pictures from that day.

The family all together.

Shinae and Jen - They kept me sane during the mayhem.

Gideon was exhausted.

Watching Mama read in a funny hat was just too much for him.

No comments: