Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Finding Inspiration at 1:30am



I've become accustomed to the sounds of the night. Miggy's water fountain with the constant flow of running water for him to drink. Airplanes flying right above our roof every once in a while. Sometimes the neighbor's dog across the street barks at passing cars. The smooth flickering sound of my WoodWick candle fooling me into believing that I have an actual fireplace. The pitter patting of paws running across our wooden floors as Miggy gets spooked by some odd occurence just outside the window. And the sound of typing as produced by my fingers.

Sometimes, I have to pull an all nighter to accomplish some very tight work deadlines. This is something many SAHDs (stay-at-home dads) can relate to. Admittedly, finding inspiration during this time to write is hard to come by, especially when the eyes start closing by themselves and the bed calls you by name. But I think it's easy to see 2 big sources of inspiration in the pictures above.

Aren't they cute?

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Thank you, hunnie. I am happy and proud to considered a source of inspiration. Although, Gideon out-cutes me any day! Loveyou.