Wednesday, February 14, 2007


Happy Valentine's Day!

Gideon received his very first Valentine's Day card from one of his adoring female admirers (it was Shelley, from work). He proceeded to hug it, and then he tried to eat it. I, of course, spent the morning at work, fuming because the library was open. I had promised Gideon that I would get to stay home, so it was my first time deceiving him. I imagine he was heartbroken, even though he pretended to be fine. The roads were pretty treacherous, however Tracey from work was super generous and offered to pick me up and take me home. She has one of those SUV's with an automatic starter, and get this...heated seats! My tush was sooo warm. It was quite an exciting car ride. Alex took a picture of the road from our living room window:

When I got home, Alex was preparing a surprise for me. He did not have a chance to go out and get me a Valentine, so he decided to make one for me. Want to see?

It's a cake that says I LOVE YOU. Isn't he the sweetest? We made a joke about him being the wife, but he asked me not to call him that in the blog post. So, I won't. Thank you, honey! I love you just as much as I love cake. Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

1 comment:

Bryna said...

Alexa and Alex,

I have been away for work and then on vacation to Spain. During all that time I had no time to go online and read up on your beautiful family. I'm sorry I missed out on the Prayer Circle, but am thrilled to see that your little darling is doing just wonderful! He is absolutely adorable... I think more now than ever!!! (Who doesn't love a cute baby?!?!!)

I have a friend whose son had this surgery as well when he was a baby. Gideon is lucky because my friend's son's scar is right down the middle of his forehead! I guess all the prayers were answered and then some! I'm so glad!

Happy Valentine's Day!