Thursday, January 25, 2007

Just a quick word from the mom
Day three at the hospital. Alex and I arrived to find that Gideon is less swollen, and his beautiful eyes are slightly open. I brought his bear, and he seemed to recognize him and jerked his legs and made sounds with his mouth when he saw him. Fortunately, I feel much better today. Yesterday, I had all the signs of having the flu/stomach virus. I was unable to stay the night, and I had to go home and rest. I stayed overnight the first night, and the "bed" they give you to sleep on is like sleeping on a folding table. Truly awful. But today is a new day, and thanks to Tylenol Flu, I am functioning. Gideon has been receiving doses of Tylenol and morphine, which has helped in keeping him calm and in less pain. He really hasn't been eating, but today we are going to try nursing him. Please pray that he sucessfully eats. If he starts a feeding pattern, then they will most likely move him to a regular Pediatrics room. And then home.
For those of you reading this today, I forgot my cell phone at home, so I will not be answering calls that way. Feel free to call the hospital and get our room number. Thank you to all of you for your prayers and offers to help. We already had someone at our church make us chicken soup. (thank you Mary who is 8 months pregnant!) I will write more as soon as we have more updates. Make sure you read Alex's post below. There are some recent pictures. I will post some more once his swelling has gone down. We do welcome visitors, so please come see him. Love you!

1 comment:

Cyndee said...

I am praying for you guys!! Love you!!