Friday, December 22, 2006

A Quick Update

As I write this, my sweet boy is fast asleep in his magic swing. For those of you that have children, you probably know the power of the swing. He is peacefully swinging, unaware that in a month's time, he will be having surgery. We went to see Dr. Arno Fried today http://www.humc.com/pediatricneurology/ourteam.shtml, the pediatric neurosurgeon at Hackensack University Medical Center. He was very nice, and he did inform us that Gideon does have craniosynostosis, and will indeed have to have surgery to correct it. The surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning, January 23. I am outwardly calm, although my emotions are churning on the inside. Despite the fact that we knew this was a very likely possibility, I was hoping for the doctor to laugh at us, and say "You crazy kids, your son is fine, now go have an ice cream soda!". I was hoping that I had inherited the exaggerated version of the Solano (my mom's maiden name) worry gene. However, despite all the negative, I know that God is taking care of my baby. Gideon is, in fact, a gift from God, and I know He takes care of his children. Please continue praying for him. All will be well, and Gideon will come through this like a champ. It is out of my hands, and I merely have to trust and let go. And now I am craving a chocolate ice cream soda. Man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that it is true. He is an exeptional little baby so I am sure he will be fine. I will make sure to keep all of you in my prayers.

Love Rosemary