Monday, December 18, 2006


The Gideon Update : Party and a Prayer
Like a mullet, this blog update will be business in the front, party in the back. So, I will start with a serious prayer request. On Friday, Alex and I will be going to an appointment with a pediatric neurosurgen. Our darling baby boy may have a condition called craniosynostosis, which is the premature closing of the sutures. Once the sutures close, then the brain has nowhere to go, and it grows in the direction of the other open sutures. This can cause an abnormally shaped head. Unfortunately, the treatment is surgery. The very thought of someone cutting into my son makes me want to curl up into a fetal position under my bed and cry. However, I am a mom now. Moms can't be wimps. So, I ask you to pray for Gideon. We are a miracle-believing family. I don't know if all of you know this, but I was diagnosed with polio when I was a baby. For all intents and purposes, I should at the very least be walking with a limp. But I had a mother that believed in miracles, and a family that prayed. So here I am, chubby yes, but with no signs of the polio that invaded my body as a child. So, pray hard. I know that if God decides that He wants Gideon to go through this surgery, that it is for a higher purpose. If you want to read more information on craniosynostosis, check out the Jorge Posada Foundation website: http://www.jorgeposada.com/jpf_about.html
Ok, on to the party part. I actually entertained for the first time in my life (as a married person). It was more of a get together than a party, and it was alot of fun. If you are reading this, and are wondering why you didn't get invited the first annual Soto Holiday Extravaganza, it is simply because I only own 4 chairs. So, I was limited in the amount of people. However, if you agree to not sit down , you can be invited next year. Getting ready to entertain was hectic. I had to clean, cook, take a shower, make sure Gideon was clean and adorable, make sure Alex took a shower and got a haircut, think of interesting topics to talk about, make sure there was enough ice, and make my house look holiday and festive. Here are pictures of my friends having fun:
All in all, I think everything went well. Gideon was of course, an angel. He sat in his swing for the majority of the night, except of course when he was being held and admired by the masses. I think I am ready to entertain on a grander scale. Next year, I think I will have a party with more than 4 people. And I may buy more chairs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex,

I will stand. I'm waiting by my mailbox for an invitation for next year...

Love ya!
I'll be praying!
- Bryna