Monday, October 02, 2006

Just 2 weeks to go and counting...I am sitting at my desk at work right now, and I am completely and totally falling asleep. One of the "perks" of my body getting ready to welcome Gideon, is that I have complete and total insomnia. My ob-gyn, who is constantly trying to put a positive spin on my pain, let me know that this is the body's way of preparing itself for countless sleepless nights. Isn't that fantastic? (by the way, if you want to take a look at the cutest obgyn in Bergen County, you must check out www.drgallo.com) Don't you think the logical thing for my body to be doing to get ready is resting? Like in sleeping? I was so desperate for sleep last night, that I actually asked Alex to give me the rundown of his fantasy football team. I mean, that usually puts me out like there is no tomorrow. And it did...for about 30 minutes. Then, yours truly was WIDE AWAKE. Mr. Sleeping Sweet Dreams of Being the Ultimate Fantasy Football Champion snoring beside me, the cat staring at me with disdain because apparently I don't know that only cats are awake at this hour, the cable box letting me know that it was 1am, then 2am, then 3am...etc.
I have tried hot showers before bed (I haven't tried hot baths, because I am afraid I won't be able to get out of the tub), glasses of warm milk, chamomile and sleepytime teas, giant pillow, reading/watching tv until I am nodding off, praying, reading Psalm4: "In peace I shall both lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me secure." Nothing so far is working. Of course, everything I am reading online and in books says that this is Perfectly Normal. If anyone has any suggestions, please fill me in. I am pretty much willing to do anything at this point. I am in danger of becoming bitter towards anyone who looks rested.

No comments: