Wednesday, October 18, 2006


Happy Birthday Gideon!
As you can see by my previous post, I started having contractions on Sunday. On Monday, they had escalated to a point that I went to the hospital to get checked, but I was not dilated enough, so they sent me home. On Tuesday, I went to my doctor's expecting the same, but to my surprise he said I was 3cm dilated and sent me immediately to the hospital! Alex and Andrea were both with me, since Andrea had stayed overnight to take turns with Alex; both helping me get through the painful contractions with Lamaze breathing exercises. We had already packed a bag, and left it in the car (thank you Shelley), so we just headed over the hospital which is pretty much across the street from Dr. Gallo's. I was admitted at around 4pm on Tuesday afternoon, and Gideon was born at 6:53am on Wednesday. I am not going to go into the details of the labor and delivery, but I am just going to say that I would not have gotten through it without my wonderful husband and sister as coaches. And without alot of prayer. I know alot of people were praying for us, and I know for a fact that the last final push would not have happened if it happened been for all your prayers. So, thank you. And Gideon thanks you too.
I just want to say that as corny as this sounds, my life will never be the same. Having Gideon has been completely and totally fulfilling. I love him like I have never loved anyone before. Every day, I just look at him, and can't believe he is mine. He is crying right now, so I have to go and see if he wants to be fed. Alex will be posting more than I will, since he is not breastfeeding. Thank you all for your wishes and prayers and cards and gifts. I can't wait for everyone to meet him. Love you, Alexa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Alex won't be breastfeeding!! Ha!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! He is perfect!! Good Job, guys!!