Sunday, October 29, 2006

THE CUTEST!

This is my most favorite Gideon face. He makes this oval shape with his mouth when he is ready to eat, and I just love it. I sat next to him with the camera, waiting for him to make this face so I could capture it and post it. Aren't you glad I did? Isn't he the most precious, sweetest, most adorable baby? He is now 18 days old. Isn't that amazing? He will be 3 weeks old next Wednesday. I know it's a cliche to say that time is flying by, but I really feel that he is growing so quickly! It really seems like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital, and now he is making cute "o" shapes with his mouth. Sigh.

All in all, we are all doing pretty well. I am going a bit stir-crazy. It is hard to be in the house all the time. And I have things I need to do, that I haven't had time to do. There are still people who haven't gotten thank you cards from my baby shower, and Alex brought down the fall/winter clothes yesterday, and I haven't had time to organize them, so there are bins everywhere. Since I have to breastfeed about every 2 hours, and it takes about an hour at a time, no hay tiempo for Alexa. Sometimes, I am mid-feed, and I have to pee really badly. What do I have to do? Yup...hold it. And there are times that I have to think of when the last time I ate was. The breastfeeding has been challenging, but we seem to have gotten the hang of it now. I say "we", because really, I 've known what to do all along, it is Gideon who is being difficult. He apparently prefers to bottle feed, and is being lazy about boob feeding. But I am determined to continue this course, since it is better for him in the long run. I am already sounding like a mom, don't you think? I am on the verge of saying "you'll thank me later", or "things were different when I was 18 days old". Oh, he was sleeping, but I can hear him making "I am awake" noises in the monitor. I am going to go check up on him. He is probably making the "o" face right this minute! Talk soon - Alexa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!! He's beautiful, by the way!! There was frost all over everything on our walk this morning, here in Seattle!!! Brrrr... Freezing, we are!

Miss you!

Bryna said...

Alexa... I miss you and I MUST see that baby! Would it be possible for me to just "stop by" sometime over this weekend?