Sunday, October 08, 2006

4 am on a Sunday morning, and 39 weeks pregnant.
I was actually considering posting a picture of myself at this hour, so you could all see me in my insomnia state. I guess I hadn't seen me in my insomnia state, because there is no way I am posting any of those pictures. Wow, am I looking puffy and tired. I honestly don't know how I am functioning anymore; it must be for the grace of God. I have accepted my insomnia as something related to my pregnancy. It is really amazing how I can survive on so little sleep. Everyone tells me to clear my mind, but the truth of the matter is that there is very little on my mind at this hour. I am basically just reading, talking to God, or watching TV. And there really isn't any good TV. Lots of infomercial. I think they assume if you are awake at this hour, you are so tired, you will just buy anything. I guess what I am not good at is being totally alone. Everyone else that I know is sleeping. Even Gideon! Despite the fact that me being awake is technically his fault, he is sleeping right through it all.
So, I have been experiencing kind of painful Braxton-Hicks for a week now. They are a little scary, simply because I feel now that I will never know when I am in labor for real. At my last check up, I was already partially effaced, and my cervix had already started to soften. Don't ask me what any of that means. Gideon is now 7lbs 4 ounces, and he is in a head down position. Woo-hoo. I will post pictures of the almost ready nursery soon. Everything is pretty much in place, just some decorative touches left. Ok, so I am sorry for this boring post. I promise the next one will be more exciting, with photos and funniness. I am going to go drink some chamomile tea now. Sweet dreams to all. Don't call me between 7-10am. I will hopefully be sleeping then.

1 comment:

Annie said...

hi alexa! we're all rooting for you and eagerly anticipating gideon's arrival! praying for an early and easy delivery for you. love you and miss you already (will we see you anytime soon? who knows!)