Wednesday, September 13, 2006



Our Babymoon...sort of.

Have you all heard of the term babymoon? It is supposed to be a couple's last vacation before the baby comes. A time to be alone together, a romantic time, a time to reflect on the changes that are about to take place in your lives. Alex and I of course refuse to be slaves to tradition! Romantic moments? Hah! Time to reflect and be alone? Hah hah! What could be more perfect than to join my crazy family on a 6 hour car trip to Maine for Labor Day weekend? Let's all pile into the mini-van with luggage, an 8 month pregnant woman, her 5 foot long pregnancy pillow, and the singing Morales clan! Yes, we sing.
We had a great time. Despite my mother (that is her before breakfast), the fact that Alex and I both threw up on the lighthouse tour boat, that it was way too cold to go swimming, that since I got sick on the boat my stomach was too queasy to eat a lobster roll, we had a great time. We all got a chance to reconnect and to be a family again. I haven't gone on a family vacation since I got married, and I didn't realize how much I had missed it. It's fun to be part of a kooky family. There are memories that become really funny stories.

1 comment:

Cyndee said...

I love your family!!! It reminds me of mine... Maybe that is why I consider you my second family!! Mucho mucho a todos!!